HOW FABRIC CAN TRANSFORM A VENUE AND OUTDOOR SPACE
By Geri Sims
When a bride starts that journey to create the wedding of her dreams, it can have its hurdles. Sometimes it’s finding a venue with enough room for her guest, a location that allows outside catering and late nights or a venue in the area she lives. Most of the time this location is not exactly what she envisioned for that magical wedding day but everything else seems to fall into place. So now the bride has found the venue that fits her needs.
This is where we come in….
This is where the bride starts looking at images of rooms she loves, photos of her venue decorated or even pictures in magazines or wedding web sites. I receive calls from brides, which have either been referred by past brides, venues, or just by sitting at their computer researching.
When working with a large room, you need large ideas. Fabric is the media that can work best within a room. Whether it is a backdrop behind the ceremony and reception or cabanas to go outside. Fabric can transform a room, tent or even a wide-open space.
We work with different cultures and ethnic groups. These communities require more attention, focusing on tradition and religious ceremonies. With an open mind, experience, and fresh ideas… fabric transformation takes on a new meaning.
- Mandaps can be create using only fabric, beading and fabric domes
- Chuppahs can be larger and grander than the 8x8x8 traditional look
- The greetings of the families at the entrance into the venue can have a more festive look with many colored banners and flags
- Traditional lanterns, chandeliers and beading throughout the ceiling with fabric and lights can also create that WOW when your guest enter the room
Overall, fabric can transform and soften your location whether a barn, warehouse or tent. It will be a day you will never forget. All of a sudden the location will not matter, but how it can be transformed will make all the difference in the world.
Now for the ideas…
Fabric can transform your space in several ways:
1) Cabanas are tents made of fabric. These 10’ x 10’ colorful fabric tents can be used as a cabana to cover the wedding cake, bar, food stations, bride & grooms table or the photo booth drawing attention to these tents as accents throughout the room.
2) Fabric around an entire space can totally change the look and color of a room. At this point, the room can be any color(s) you choose with the use of lighting. We are also able to make a room smaller, add a dividing wall to separate the ceremony space from the reception or for those traditional religious receptions, we can separate the men from the women.
3) Ceiling designs using fabric can either cover a less desirable look of an existing ceiling or transform the look of an entire space. The ceiling décor is where the WOW in the room takes on a wedding worth remembering. With the addition of chandeliers, beading, lanterns or floral… your wedding will be one of a kind.